Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A few projects

Finally, some proof that I do indeed knit.

Here is a hat (my own design). I made it this past November at home on break. The top is rather weird when you put it on (the shape reminds me of one of those Russian buildings), but it's 100% wool, so I wear it when the temperature goes subzero.



I made this scarf last summer and have worn it nonstop since the middle of October. The yarn is Caron's Simply Soft, and the pattern can be found on Knitty. This was probably the most interesting scarf I ever made – the pattern wasn't hard to memorize, but it had a long-enough repeat that I never got bored.



Next are two scarves I'm making for my professors. I started them a few weeks ago, worked on them perhaps two days, and then took them off the right needles to begin other projects! These need to be finished by the beginning of May.



Here's some of my newest yarn acquisitions. The left is James C. Brett's Marble, and the right two are Socks that Rock. The Marble is going to be an openwork wrap, the reddish STR is for socks for my mom, and I'm undecided about the green STR. Definitely something for me (green is my favourite color!), but I can't decide between gloves, mittens, glittens, or socks.



And here's another (blurry) picture of Teddygraham!



Hopefully from now on I'll update every other day or so. I created this blog a few weeks ago but completely forgot about it once spring break was over! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home