Monday, April 10, 2006

Back to work

Well, I didn't get much knitting done this weekend, but I accomplished a lot more than usual as of late. I began my Marble wrap for the SIXTH time (let's just say I couldn't count very well - instead of casting on the necessary 75 stitches, I casted on 74 and 73 multiple times). I've only gotten a few inches done, but it's a fun knit.

Here it is stretched out, showing what it will look like once I block it. It's much wider than that, but I needed to use my feet to hold it, so a lot was cut out of the photo.



Here's a closeup of it unstretched. Aren't the colors gorgeous? I'd like to use a skein of this green Marbles and a skein of the red variegated Marbles to make striped mittens this summer.



I've been thinking quite a lot about upcoming projects, but I've told myself NO MORE until I finish the scarves for my professors! After that I have to make squirrel mittens for my other Japanese professor, who's absolutely enthralled by squirrels because of "their fancy tails." So right now all I can do is look online and sigh... What's been catching my eye? The Memories fingering-weight yarn by KnitPicks in the Smores colorway, for one. Isn't that beautiful? It's so cheap, too... Sigh... Aside from that, I've been staring at the shawls on Fiddlesticks Knitting, especially Creatures of the Reef and Flirty Ruffles. Peacock Feathers is also pretty nice – can you imagine it in a beautiful variegated yarn?

And of course, here's a picture of the adorable Teddygraham:



Mark and I went off campus again this Saturday, and I bought him a house and some chew toys (i.e. the orange triceratops). This morning I completely cleaned his habitat while he rolled around my room for an hour. Look how beautiful it is!





Lately he's been a bit of a crab, but today he let me pick him up without much of a fight! Perhaps it was his way of showing gratitude for the carrot I gave him earlier. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home